Saturday 7 July 2012

Work in Wardrobe

This one's a little bit girly...

As promised I have tried to keep a snapshot diary this week of some of the things I've worn to the office. There is much more scope to play around with things here than I ever did at home, where to gain a precious extra 15 minutes in bed I sacrificed creativity for a uniform of pencil skirts, black tights and the first top I lay my weary hands on. Here on the other hand, the warm wether certainly prompts pretty dresses, and the shorter commute has opened the door to accessorising- who'd have thought it. Although I must be honest, as 'Olivia Palermo' as my intentions may be, by the time I'm sat comfortable at my desk belt, shoes and jewellery will inevitably be discarded and replaced with flip flops and a cup of tea. 

How I envy Brads morning routine, a taxing decision of navy or cream chinos and a plain, striped, or good god maybe even pin striped shirt. Its a wonder he even gets out of the door in the morning...

Snakeskin stilettos. May have bought them in black too.

Black and Bronze dress from 'princess queenie', came with belt, also available with green or pink colour panel.
I like the back of this, its rather sporty, obviously bought to highlight my support of the 2012 Olympics

Inside out zip, 

Navy Blue structured peplum dress from Princess Queenie, belt an oldie from  London

Amazingly for their price, these dresses fit like a dream and are really well tailored
excuse the broken belt

pockets for my pennies (sweets I steal from reception)


Not actually any new purchases here, but it was a really hot day so I went 'floaty'

When it gets hot here, sometimes there is nothing more refreshing (ok perhaps a beer) then floaty chiffon. I love the elasticated waist on this skirt, it gives me a bit of a waist to banish the fear of being a bit swamped in material.

Top: Topshop Skirt: Zara

We had a casual day at work this week too, Didn't think the world would benefit from seeing a picture of my old blue skinnies and a white v-neck jumper (yep we wear jeans and jumpers in Singapore, its the air con , its freezing) however if you would like a visual reference I would imagine such items can be seen in the trusty 'basic/essentials' areas of most high street shops, or on mums at the school gate. 

We have planned a bit of a touristy day tomorrow, as we have been here almost 2 months now, we think it is about time that when people ask us "what have you done in Singapore?" we don't just reel off a list of restaurants and bars we've sampled. In fact I am supposed to be on Timeout right now compiling our itinerary....best be off.

Speak Soon.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment