Saturday 14 July 2012

More of What I Wore

Continuing on from last week, here are some more snaps of day to day office wear, Singapore style...
(most items purchased locally)



With my main morning motive being to take as little time as possible to get out of the door, I seem to stick to dresses most days, quick fix. One item, whack it on, do face, brush hair, remember pants.










I love this little grey dress from Princess Queenie, it looks rather tweedy but is a very very light cotton mix. Its well tailored but also quite an unusual design with an asymmetric fan peplum, scoop neck and collar detail at the back. Oh yes and a free belt. I do love a feee belt. No jewellery on Monday, I was too tiered to get creative. 





I bought this dress when we first moved to Singapore, its a very easy 'throw on, look smart' work number. Its very easy to dress up with corporate shoes, handbag and a pretty blazer, but it was Tuesday and I was still tiered so I only got as imaginative as adding this little white mock-croc belt. The dress is quite well fitted so looks alright not belted, the 'almost Aztec' stitching is a nice twist and the little cap sleeved are, to be franc, a blessing when its a bit "muggy" outside.







Another little navy number. I like navy, its always smart but not quite as harsh as black. The dress is from Glitter Glam and its pretty stretchy- good if I have a big lunch, and I can hide my food baby under the peplum. Genius. I also have this dress in burnt orange, but thats not coming out until I have a tan. The blazer and necklace are both from G200, and were both on sale. So, as I like to tell Brad, its not about what I spent but about what I saved.




I seem to be wearing more items of clothing today than I have in the rest of the week combined. I was getting a bit bored of dresses for the week so decided to mix it up a bit. It is also freezing in the office due to the aircon so the long sleeves were a nice change.
The top is from River Island back in the UK and actually has a slit back and a rather decadent lace trim at the bottom- a bit too much for my Thursday admin so it remained tucked in. Oh and the skirt is an oldie from H&M, good waist band on it, holds you in. Nails 'congeniality is my middle name' OPI








Casual Friday, ok well it wasn't officially casual Friday but this is pretty laid back in terms of work wear...  Stripy skirt which was a steal from Forever 21, lace blazer from H&M which I bought for NYE and don't remember think I actually wore and a wardrobe staple, loose fitting black silk strappy.



I must be honest, I do enjoy the flexibility here with workwear, whenever we move back to the UK I might try and keep it up- with the addition of black opaques, obviously. 

Speak soon.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment