Saturday 21 July 2012

Some more of what I wore...

Things got a bit girly this week with 2 floaty hems AND Lace making an appearance


I am also starting to miss long sleeved blouses, I haven't really bought any whilst here as I keep thinking of the heat and opting for commute friendly options (I walk to work in the sun) over which I can throw a cardigan when sat in the Air con. Think I'm going to try and squeeze in some shopping today as it is nearing the end of the great Singapore sale, and see what I can get my hands on.

MONDAY









This dress was another local purchase. Its from a tiny shop in somerset mall, I am not sure of the name but its opposite Glitter Glam. The dress is very very thin but hangs particularly nicely and has a good swing to it (not that this is a bonus when sat at my desk, I do enjoy my little strut to the kitchen though). The waist is elasticated which makes it look a bit cheap and more like beachwear- it did come with a tie to wrap round though which I have on but I usually belt it. However it was Monday, and I'd eaten a lot at the weekend so in fairness I welcomed the elasticated relief.

Blazer is very similar to the wool mix numbers churned out by Zara, (which I love) however has a satin trim. its also not too thick so day to wear in the climate here. Will probably be worn to a wedding at some point. Feels quite weddingy. 

Blazer: G2000 website here
Dress: ?
Necklace: Forever 21

TUESDAY







This dress is very simple. As am I on a tuesday morning, so it was a fitting partnership. The belt didn't actually make it tommy desk, I took it off on my way to work as I was feeling fidgety. fortunately the detailing on the dress such as slashed neck and slight padding and detailing on the shoulders made it not too plain. I also wore my hair down (is wet in pics)

Dress: Glitter Glam website here
Belt: forever 21
Watch: Debenhams!!
Nails, Gellish @ Juup

WEDNESDAY






 I loved this dress when I bought it as it fits really well and is easily smartened up with some heels or dressed down with converse as it is so plain, it actually looks a little sporty. However, something has come a cropper and it now maintains the rigidity of a Table cloth at the Dorchester. I think our cleaner starched it. and all the humidity in the world did not seem to help.

Brad aptly describes this necklace as "A curtain holder"

Dress: New Look
Blazer: H&M


THURSDAY







A little dalmatian creation. Its actually rather risqué for the office as has a racer back (which is black) and quite low sides so I went for the safety option of a black bandeau underneath. Sorry forgot to take a picture of the back, but I assure you your not missing much.
The skirt has some sidetracked sentimentality- I bought it for my Job interview at my last job, so was wearing it when I first met Brad (he claims no recollection of this) it had a patent belt which I left at a friends house, probably something to do with wine.

Note to self, stop taking my belts off

Top: Forever 21
Skirt H&M
Necklace: PRIMARK

FRIDAAAAAY







So. This is the orange dress I mentioned last outfit post (that is the same as my blue one) I was going to wait until I have a tan to wear it, but everyone was a bit sad at work on Thursday as somebody left the company so I thought a more cheery option was needed, it isn't actually as bright as it looks in photos, but despite my pasty skin- it got quite a lot of compliments, maybe orange on orange would have been too much anyway. A jewelled tiger print tooth was thrown in, I clearly wasn't feeling subtle.

Dress: Glitter Glam
Necklace: ?
Watch: Debenhams
Pose: Victoria Beckham

It is nearing the end of the month so my bank is not at its most fruitful, however I am going to try and get a few new things in the sales today- I haven't yet braved the sale shopping on a weekend in Singapore, but I'm on a mission for some blouses, and I refuse to fail. 
I will also try and remember to include shoes (when I am actually wearing any)

More to come next week
Speak soon.
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment