Thursday 28 June 2012

Hype or Height


Things got a bit kooky last night... I took Brad to a ‘Micro Brewery’..to be honest though the concept was slightly lost on me, it looked like a bar, served drinks like a bar but smelled slightly like old porridge...apparently that’s the yeast.

                                        

This place was called Level33, it is pretty famous in Singapore for having redonculous views and a good selection of beers, again lost on me I had a wine, (and on that note a pretty average Sauvignon Blanc for the $18 I payed for it) Although yes the views were epic, I wouldn’t hugely recommend this place. Located on the 33rd story (obvi) of the Marina bay financial centre, it is expectedly filled with banker w*ankers, especially on a Thursday evening. The decor is alright but if you are not eating the lay out is in need of a 60 minute makeover...there is hardly any space to sit or stand as the bar itself is huge surrounding the big tank things I presume beer is kept or made in (ok I have not done my research). 

The tanks
picture courtesy of the robot must eat
The service was also robotic, if you wear waistcoats and long aprons, I expect faux European charisma, a French accent is not necessary, but I like to be charmed when having my wine.

The saving grace was definitely the view. All the tables outside seemed to get booked up pretty quickly, but pretending to be Mr and Mrs Chong we sat down at their table until they were due to arrive- executed seamlessly.


the view


We only stayed for one. This alone speaks volumes.

big pint/ small hands?

Not to let our spirits be damped we then went on to our trusty local, 'the bank' under our building. Thirsty thursday glory was swiftly restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment