Thursday 9 August 2012

Even More of What I wore


I'm not entirely sure how this happened, maybe it is subliminal daily support for team GB, but I only seem to have worn red white and blue (ok and black) for the last week. Patriotic dresser I am. This post will also expose my Dads knack for buying Jewellery, keep it up pops :) 



GOING FOR GOLD

I popped to H&M on a lunch break last week (this provided an essential cap on browsing time) as it was too hot to be outside and my computer screen had become little more than a blur to me. I saw this gold chain when in line at the till and it instantly registered as a "can chuck it on with anything" essential. Its length reminded me of a long string of Pearls my mum used to wear either dropped down or doubled up when I was little, so it feels a bit like I'm playing dress up.







Burgendy Blouse: H&M
Skirt: Zara

Black Body Con Dress: TopShop
Cropped Black Blazer: H&M
Gold Chain: H&M



SINGAPORE NATIONAL DAY

The 9th of August is National Day in Singapore (it was 48 years old this year) so everyone gets the day off. On the Wednesday before we were all encouraged to wear either national dress or the colours of the Singaporean Flag, Red and White, to the office. This was my attempt at flag attire.






 Asymmetric top: H&M
Midi Tube skirt: River Island
Necklace: Forever 21
Leather and Pearl Bracelet: A gift from my Dad from Portugal


I FEEL LIKE TEAL

Do you ever buy something, purely because you like it with no other motivation. Then open a magazine and see a similar item slapped down on the page and still somehow convince yourself either  a) God i'm so on the fashion pulse, or b) God i'm so ahead of the game. I have often fallen victim to these self inflicted mind games. Embarrassing really when most of the magazines I read over here are at least 3 months out of date.
Anyway look at this lovely little flower necked dress I picked up recently, it reminds me of those babies that would be photographed in flower pots with flowers on their heads, sort of. Apparently right now 'Teal is a big Deal"








Dress: Glitter Glam
Pearls: (worn as bracelet) Necklace from my Dad


IN THE NAVY

I am fighting an ongoing battle with Chiffon blouses, what do you wear underneath them?!? Bra: too slutty? No Bra: Sluttier? Bandeau? Not Slutty enough, aarrggh. So this Navy number is ideal, with the layering on top all 'see through' elements are eliminated and one is safe to roll bra free and brave.

The blouse is rather militant, It did have epaulets when I bought it but they got the chop. I love the extra bulk it gives me up top but is still streamlined an easy to tuck in at the bottom. The little metal button are cute too, like wearing earrings all down my front.




Blouse: Koko (available House of Fraser UK)
Skirt: H&M
Belt: H&M


GOT THAT FRIDAY FEELING

We had another work party on Friday. Honestly my company loves a do. Apparently we were aloud to dress down, I missed this memo, but fortunately was in party going ish gear anyway.  This dress is unironed an easy go to. With light accessories and a leafy necklace it looked rather nouveau Greecian, well when the sun was out, then I got drenched in the rain and looked like a soggy leaf. 





Wrap Dress: Forever 21
Belt: Warehouse
Necklace Forever 21
Watch: Debenhams


I have a business trip next week and 2 evening client events so its going to be corporate wear all round. Maybe i'll succeed in breaking out of my Tricolour rut as well.

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment